As the name suggests, manned guarding is having uniformed Security Guards on site to protect you, your property, your assets or all three from any sort of criminal activity.
This can include:
Potential risks to businesses
Unfortunately, every business can be at risk, and some more than others. For example, retail premises are prime targets for shoplifters, whose main aim is to remove samples of their stock. Theft also happens internally if not watched and managed carefully. In the hospitality industry, especially where alcohol is consumed, many drunken individuals can get rowdy, which results in violence. Drugs can also pose a big threat to consumers and staff if brought onto premises.
The benefits of having manned security
Uniformed security on your premises sends out a clear message to everyone, staff and customers, that they are there to ensure everything runs smoothly and if not they will take action. Uniformed manned security is a great deterrent.
• They keep your business safe
• Can cover large areas
• Protect your goods and services
• Deter criminals as they know they are being watched
• Give your staff a sense of security
• Can remove unwanted people immediately
What are the main duties of manned guards?
These will vary dependent on the needs of the business they are working for, but they can:
• Provide security/ID checks on individuals
• Monitor and search staff or other individuals
• Check van loadings against logs to prevent theft
• Remove any unwanted or unauthorised people from your premises
• Defend individuals against any assaults they may be threatened with
• Guard unoccupied property overnight or during periods of inactivity
Phase One manned guards
Although we are a large company, we like to think we are big enough to cope but small enough to care. What we mean by that is even though we have lots of customers, large and small, our ethos is to ensure we provide the very best security services while ensuring we still offer cost effective solutions and excellent customer service. All of our guards are fully trained, SIA licensed and vetted to a B57858 standard. Accredited by three independent security authorities, we work with every customer to ensure they have the best security solution for their needs.
To find out how Phase One could help protect your business, call us today on 0800 009 6898.