BS 7858 is an important security standard that helps employers to screen security personnel before they employ them.
Giving best-practice recommendations, BS 7858 sets the standard for the security screening of staff in an environment where the safety of people, goods or property is essential.
This includes data security, sensitive and service contracts and confidential records. You can also apply BS 7858 in situations where security screening is in the public’s interest.
The BS7858:2012 comprises of the following checks .
- ID confirmation
- Five years address history
- Right to Work check
- Character references
- SIA Licence check (if applicable)
- Bankruptcy / Insolvency / IVA
- CCJ (Up to £10,000)
- Credit score
- Five or 10 years employment history
- Gap referencing (more indepth and extended to 31 days)
- DBS Check