RELIEF POSITION / ZERO HOUR CONTRACT
Phase One Security are currently seeking a SIA Licensed Relief Security Operative to join our team in the Framlingham area on a part-time or full time basis.
The successful candidate will receive a salary of £9.79 per hour outside of London and £12.19 per hour inside of London. This is a Relief position, which means you will only be asked to work as/when required on an agency basis.
Phase One provides a full range of security and risk management services with a core focus on education, commercial, retail and hospital security sectors. Our commitment to quality, reliability and professionalism is unrivalled, and as a result the majority of our clients are leading corporate organisations and academic institutions.
We offer great working conditions, excellent training and support for our employees. Our training program prepares individuals for working in a customer facing environment and teaches conflict management, combining a friendly reassuring presence with strong security awareness.
We are currently seeking Security Officers in Framlingham, Suffolk to work at a local premises. Duties of the Security Officer include:
- To readily interact with all students, staff and visitors within the premises, delivering a first-class customer focused service.
- Carry out regular patrols of the various buildings detailed in the site Assignment Instructions, being proactive at all times.
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful at all times whilst carrying out duties to the highest levels.
- To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to the site uniform requirements.
- Continuously look for opportunities to be of assistance to visitors to the buildings proactively offering assistance wherever opportunities arise.
- To ensure that the site is a safe and non-threatening environment for all students, staff and visitors.
- Ensure all incidents are managed in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- Liaising with the security supervisor proactively, reacting to incidents and ensuring colleagues are fully briefed and supported at all times.
- To deal efficiently and effectively with emergencies, including fire and bomb scares, ensuring the onsite team and client are kept fully informed at all times.
- Intelligent understanding of human behaviour, monitoring and surveillance of suspect individuals. Logging and reporting incidents in line with site / company polices.
- Maintain vigilance and highlight / manage unauthorized access by banned persons.
- Provide assistance to third party contractors / visitors ensuring all site procedures / policies are adhered too.
- Maintain continuous monitoring of site radio systems adhering to correct radio procedures at all times.
- Diligent management and maintenance of site records / reference materials including Health & Safety records.
- Incident Forms and the site occurrence book.
- Report any event that may be detrimental to the fulfilment of the provision of security on site to the Security Supervisor/Security Manager
Essential Experience of the Security Guard includes:
- Security Officers must hold a valid SIA Security Guarding or Door Supervision licence. Unfortunately, we are unable to consider applications from non-licence holders.
Preferred Experience of the Security Guard includes:
- Enhanced DBS check made within the last 3 years
- Smartly presented and well groomed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to use a PC, being able to monitor and respond to emails, compile reports.
- The ability to work as a team but confident enough to work alone
- Proactive and able to use initiative
College Security Officer Working Hours:
- Relief position only filling in for full time staff
- 8-12 Hour shifts
- building is open 24 hours per day – must be flexible to work alternative weekends on rotation basis
In return for your hard work and commitment, you will receive:
- £9.79 per hour outside of London and £12.19 per hour inside of London
- Reward and Recognition Programme
- Long Service Rewards
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE OR DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM. WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE AND CONTACT YOU ON AN AGENCY BASIS TO OFFER YOU RELIEF SHIFTS.