Phase One Security Limited are currently looking for SIA Licenced Security Guards and door supervisors in Dumfriesshire to join our team. We have both full and part time positions throughout Dumfriesshire.
Phase One provides a full range of security and risk management services with a core focus on education, commercial, retail and hospital security sectors. Our commitment to quality, reliability and professionalism is unrivalled, and as a result the majority of our clients are leading corporate organisations and academic institutions.
We offer great working conditions, excellent training and support for our employees. Our training program prepares individuals for working in a customer facing environment and teaches conflict management, combining a friendly reassuring presence with strong security awareness.
We are currently seeking Security Guards in Dumfriesshire to work at a local clients premises.
Duties of the Security Guards in Dumfriesshire include:
- To readily interact with all students, staff and visitors within the premises, delivering a first-class customer focused service.
- Carry out regular patrols of the various buildings detailed in the site Assignment Instructions, being proactive at all times.
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful at all times whilst carrying out duties to the highest levels.
- To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to the site uniform requirements.
- Continuously look for opportunities to be of assistance to visitors to the buildings proactively offering assistance wherever opportunities arise.
- To ensure that the site is a safe and non-threatening environment for all students, staff and visitors.
- Ensure all incidents are managed in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- Liaising with the security supervisor proactively, reacting to incidents and ensuring colleagues are fully briefed and supported at all times.
- To deal efficiently and effectively with emergencies, including fire and bomb scares, ensuring the onsite team and client are kept fully informed at all times.
- Intelligent understanding of human behaviour, monitoring and surveillance of suspect individuals. Logging and reporting incidents in line with site / company polices.
- Maintain vigilance and highlight / manage unauthorized access by banned persons.
- Provide assistance to third party contractors / visitors ensuring all site procedures / policies are adhered too.
- Maintain continuous monitoring of site radio systems adhering to correct radio procedures at all times.
- Diligent management and maintenance of site records / reference materials including Health & Safety records.
- Incident Forms and the site occurrence book.
- Report any event that may be detrimental to the fulfilment of the provision of security on site to the Security Supervisor/Security Manager
Essential Experience of the Security Guard in Dumfriesshire includes:
- Security Officers must hold a valid SIA Security Guarding or Door Supervision licence. Unfortunately, we are unable to consider applications from non-licence holders.
- 2-years working in security or similar industry.
Preferred Experience of the Security Guards in Dumfriesshire includes:
- Enhanced DBS check made within the last 3-years.
- Smartly presented and well groomed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to use a PC, being able to monitor and respond to emails, compile reports.
- The ability to work as a team but confident enough to work alone
- Proactive and able to use initiative
Security Guards in Dumfriesshire Hours:
- Full time or part time hours
- Flexible working
- 12 Hour shifts
In return for your hard work and commitment, you will receive:
- Salary – £8.72 – £10.00 per hour
- Reward and Recognition Programme
- Long Service Rewards
- Free SIA renewals
- Company pension scheme
- Free training and development