- Avoid contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Avoid non-essential use of public transport, varying your travel times to avoid rush hour, when possible
- Work from home, where possible.
- Avoid large gatherings, and gatherings in smaller public spaces such as pubs, cinemas, restaurants, theatres, bars, clubs
- Avoid gatherings with friends and family. Keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media
- Use telephone or online services to contact your GP or other essential services
Everyone should be trying to follow these measures as much as is pragmatic. For those who are over 70, have an underlying health condition or are pregnant, we strongly advise you to follow the above measures as much as you can, and if possible significantly limit your face-to-face interaction with friends and family.
This advice is likely to be in place for some weeks.